The NOC Technician will provide front line communications, monitoring, support, diagnosis, resolution and coordination with specialized support groups, utilizing multiple various network monitoring tools to ensure the viability of the enterprise network, while responding to a variety of hardware and software issues.
shift is 5 a.m. to 2 p.m.(flexible)
The primary responsibility of the NOC Technician is to proactively monitor and escalate application, system, and network incidents to ensure maximum availability and performance. The NOC Tech will perform these tasks using various network management tools, internal ticketing systems, and monitoring consoles. The NOC Tech additionally serves as a coordination point for communications between internal and external customers, as well as other operations teams during events which affect various sites, assisting with root cause analysis of incidents and raising escalation to Engineering and Operations teams as necessary.
The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills and an eye to automate routine tasks and spot long-term trends in an enterprise environment, along with:
• Handle escalation calls from Vendors, Call Centers, Dispatch, and Field personnel as needed
• Perform daily routines and tasks as required
• Escalate issues as needed to Operations or Engineering teams per procedures
• Accurately document all issue details in appropriate ticket or notification tools
• Assist in communication and notification of major events to internal teams
• Assist with modification and creation of standard operating procedures
• Ensure appropriate communication occurs between shifts